- Pure medical grade oxygen turned into medical grade ozone, which is administered to the patient through different routes is called medical ozone therapy.
- Ozone is highly unstable, which splits into oxygen(o2) and singlet oxygen(o) in 20 minutes.
Medical ozone generation and delivery systems, therefore, require that ozone is created at the moment it is to be administered.
- Ozone is created by applying energy to oxygen. The oxygen source should be pure and devoid of nitrogen or other impurities.
- Ozone is the most active and reactive species of oxygen readily mixes with blood, lymph, and other body tissues and purify them.
- Ozone kills disease-causing micro-organisms, improve cellular function and promote healing of damaged tissues.
- with higher levels of O2 in the tissues, bacteria and viruses are killed along with defective tissue cells. Thus healthy cells survive and multiply more rapidly, resulting in a stronger immune system.
Medical Properties of Ozone
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune-related messenger molecules called cytokines. Examples of cytokines are gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha just to name a few.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG).DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen. This is a common problem in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen-carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C.Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem
The need for ozone therapy in today’s world!!
Present generation is living in Tremendous stress, Environmental pollution, Junk food or fast food,and no time for relaxation , which leads to Increase in the level of stress hormones, Increase in reactive oxygen species or free radicals,Increase in oxidative stress,causing failure of antioxidative enzymes to cope with this excess levels of oxidants,leading to Chronic oxidative stress disorders like DIABETES, CKD, CHD, COPD, CANCERS, NEURODEGENERATIVE DISORDERS etc..
If the body’s oxygenation process is weak or deficient, the body cannot eliminate toxins adequately and a toxic reaction may occur. This may lead to fatigue, dullness, and sluggishness. If this deficiency becomes chronic, our overall immune system is weakened, making us vulnerable to a wide range of diseases.
Most people in the world are not only mineral deficient, but they are also oxygen deficient. The quality of life at the cellular level is dependent on oxygen. Ozone is a concentrated form of oxygen. Doesn’t it make sense to feed the cells some ozone from time to time as part of a total holistic, preventative, wellness lifestyle program?
Ozone therapy given through various routes helps in cleansing of the body. This total cleansing Increases tissue oxygenation thus bringing about improvement in health and enhancing longevity. You will leave your ozone session with the feeling of rejuvenation and enhanced energy
Since ozone therapy was first practiced in the 1880s, many methods of administering ozone have been developed.
They can be broken down into five categories :
3) Inhalation – bubbled through olive oil
4) Ingestion – ozonated water
5) Transdermal – bagging; bodysuit; ozonated olive oil; cupping with a funnel; steam sauna
- Major Autohemotherapy :
By this method, the patient’s own blood is withdrawn in the normal manner, enriched externally with an exactly defined quantity of ozone (with disposable sterile material and containers!). that is immediately reintroduced into the patient’s system using a normal drip unit.
Indications (treatment of the patient’s blood outside the body before reinfusion): extensive burns; ICU patients; systemic viremia; generalized sepsis; peritonitis; immunodeficiency—cellular & humoral; rheumatoid arthritis; diabetes mellitus; hypertension; IHD; arterial insufficiencies
- Minor autohemotherapy
minor autohemotherapy is an application, via the intramuscular route of O3 treated blood for unspecific immune activation revitalization:
autoimmune diseases; allergy; nonspecific immune stimulation in viral diseases, fevers; revitalization; improving body’s inherent resistance; infective TB; herpes zoster, herpes simplex, postherpetic neuralgia; diabetes mellitus with antibodies towards beta cells of Langerhans
- Peri/Intraarticular injection
Injection of ozone into the joints given carefully under strictly aseptic conditions
Indications: acute & chronic polyarthritis; general pathological stiffness; tendonitis; myofascial pain; epicondylitis; carpel tunnel syndrome
- Intramuscular Injection
A small amount of an ozone and oxygen mixture (up to 10 ml) is injected into the patient (usually in the buttocks) like a normal injection would be. This method is commonly used to treat allergies and inflammatory diseases and is sometimes utilized as an adjunct to traditional cancer therapies in Europe.
- An intravenous drip of ozonated saline
ozonated saline intravenous infusions (drips) – a systemic method of ozone therapy: This method is based on a much longer and gentle contact of ozone dissolved in physiological sodium chloride solution
Indications: ischemic heart disease; stroke; rheumatoid arthritis; diabetes mellitus; encephalopathy; bronchial asthma; liver
- Subcutaneous Route
This method is commonly used for lipodystrophy. Multiple subcutaneous injections of 2cc each will be given at a selected site.
- Direct Injection
Direct ozone injections CAN BE INJECTED INTO A TUMOR OR A CYST(multiple injections of 2-5cc each depending on the size of the tumor) Indications: tumor or cyst.
Ozone Ear insufflations:
It involves placing an earpiece into the ear which directs ozone into the area. It is completely painless. is used for ear nose and throat problems, the sinuses, and brain. As eardrum is semipermeable, ozone will diffuse through it.
Indication: Ear infections; mastoiditis; hearing problems caused by candida; tinnitus; sinusitis; head colds; upper respiratory tract infections; sore throat; flu; allergic rhinitis; bronchitis; asthma ,brain pathologies such as macular degeneration; Alzheimer’s; Parkinson’s; memory problems; brain cancer; retinitis pigmentosa; autism; hemiplegia; paraplegia; delayed milestones; chronic fatigue syndrome
- Ozone Rectal Insufflation:
This method introduces ozone via the rectum. Rectal insufflation is a way to administer ozone systemically in a manner that is minimally invasive and painless. This is “95% as effective as Major Autohemotherapy”
Indications: Local — enteritis; Crohn’s disease; anal fissures; ulcerative colitis; proctitis (higher conc.)
General — Pediatrics & geriatrics; chronic hepatitis b& c; alcoholic liver diseases; Parkinson’s disease; dementia; retinitis pigmentosa; rheumatoid arthritis; complementary treatment in cancer patients; antiaging, detoxifying & rejuvenating therapy.
- Ozone Vaginal insufflations
Vaginal insufflation is used for problems of the female reproductive area.
Indications: Local —vaginitis; endometritis; endometriosis; reproductive tract pathologies; pelvic inflammatory disease; infertility
General —peritonitis; abdominal organ pathologies; low abdominal pains; genital cancers; in systemic conditions; as a complementary treatment in cancer
- Uterine Insufflation
Used in PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASES; ENDOMETRITIS Urethral insufflation is used for bladder infections, STDs, inflammation of the ureter, prostate enlargement, and bladder and prostate cancer.
Ozone therapy helps in treating/preventing infections
lethal effects of ozone on pathogenic organisms have been observed since the latter part of the 19th century. Ozone is a strong germicide.
Lipid-containing viruses are sensitive to treatment with ozone, indicating that disruption or loss of lipids results in impaired or destroyed infectivity.
Viruses containing lipid envelopes include the Herpes viridae a large family grouping the Simplex, Varicella-Zoster, Cytomegalovirus, and Epstein-Barr viruses; the Paramyxoviridae (mumps, measles); the Orthonyxoviridae (influenza); the Rhabdoviridae (rabies); and the Retroviridae (HIV).
The HIV virus has an outer envelope made of a double layer of lipids penetrated by proteins of several types encasing two molecules of RNA.
- Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells. Ozone significantly raises oxygen levels in the blood for long periods after ozone administration; as a result, allergies have a tendency to become desensitized.
- Interferon levels are significantly increased Interferons are globular proteins. Interferons orchestrate every aspect of the immune system
Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2. Interleukin-2 is one of the cornerstones of the immune system.
- Ozone kills most bacteria at low concentrationsVery few types of bacteria can live in an environment composed of more than two percent ozone.
- Ozone is effective against all types of fungi This includes systemic Candida albicans, athletes foot, molds, mildews, yeasts and even mushrooms.
- Ozone makes the antioxidant enzyme system more efficient.
- Ozone therapy can be given alone or with other medications for infections. Ozone will enhance the results of medicines (antibiotics, antifungals..) and minimizes their(medical) side effects.
Ozone Therapy In Cancer
In 1951 Dr. Otto Warburg(NOBEL PRIZE WINNER AND MASTER SCIENTIST) proved that a cancer cell is primarily anaerobic. Just like most harmful bacteria cancer cell cannot live in oxygen.
Warburg demonstrated that the presence of increased amounts of oxygen made available through ozone therapy inhibited cancer cells. The cancer cells become incapable of spreading, and eventually, the cancer cells disintegrate and die off, the more ozone the better result.
- If surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, malnutrition, enervation or stress compromises the immune system, the degeneration process occurs on a massive and explosive scale. Once the immune system is compromised, the cancer cells leave their toxic host in one organ and leave looking for new debilitated, weak cells to invade.
- In 1931, Nobel Prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg taught us that ozone is a free radical scavenger. Ozone acts as a cleanup crew efficiently destroying the diseased cells as well as the invading organism through the oxidation-reduction system.
- Otto Warburg was awarded the Nobel prize in 1931 and again in 1944 for discovering the cause of cancer.
- The cause is the replacement of normal oxygen respiration of body cells by an anaerobic (oxygenless)cell respiration. This link between insufficient oxygen and all disease has been taught in Naturopathic medicine for 100 years before Dr. Warburg proved it scientifically. He concluded, “oxygen deficiency can manifest itself in anything from mild fatigue to life-threatening disease.”
Ozone helps in following ways in cancer
Cancer cells are anaerobic. Ozone floods these cells with Oxygen in many ways.
Ozone Therapy In Circulatory Disorders
Ozone therapy strongly stimulates both proper circulation (delivery of oxygen), and proper energy generation (utilization of oxygen). The cells in your body, including the heart (angina), muscles (claudication pain) generate their own energy for use. Oxygen is vital to this process.
If the cells can generate enough energy, there will be less fatigue and less pain. Ozone helps with both oxygen delivery and with the way the cells use oxygen once it has been delivered.
Many patients find less medication is required, they can do much more physical activity (walking, exercise, gardening), they can think much more clearly, life becomes more normal.
Ozone Therapy In The Management Of Infertility Issues
Improvement of macro- and microcirculation that results in the normalization of placenta hormonogenic function
- Decrease in the activity of lipid peroxidation processes and simultaneous stimulation of the antioxidant defense system of the human body;
- Decrease (if available) in the hypercoagulation activity of blood;
- Kills viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other germs
- Helps diseased cells to get rid of toxins and harmful free radicals
- The disappearance of edema leads to improved circulation, washing away from lactic acid and pain relief
- Ozone also helps in improving oocyte quality, reduces insulin resistance in diabetics, PCO’s, improves blood vasculature and supply to the uterus, improvs endometrial milieu, increases fertilization rates, promotes embryo transplantation, decreases the effects of endometriosis, hydrosalpinx, adenomyosis, corrects hormonal dysregulations. Thus enhancing a healthy viable pregnancy, culminating in the birth of healthy children
- Ozone enhances the circulation of all organs including the male organs
- ozone minor auto injections 5-8 sessions given (in cases of presence of autoantibodies like TPO, ATA, ANA, Antiphospholipid antibodies)
- The well-known antimicrobic properties of ozonized olive oil as finding out can be successfully used in the treatment of vulvar dystrophic diseases.
- The use of ozone-oxygen mixture in IVF seems to bring definite advantages both for reducing FSH dosage administration and in better preparing the endometrium, improving thus the chances of implantation
Mechanism of ozone action
- Activation of red blood cell metabolism by improving oxygen supply. Helps in arterial circulatory disorders(peripheral and cerebral in particular) and revitalization.
- Activation of immune cells by releasing the body’s own vital cytokines such as interferons and interleukins. Helps in add./complimentary therapy in various kinds of cancer, Revitalization, General immune weakness.
- Increase and activation of the body’s own antioxidants and radical scavengers, thus promoting a preconditioning effect or adaptability to oxidative stress. Helps in inflammatory processes like arthritis, reactivated arthrosis, vascular conditions, age-related processes.
- Powerful germicidal action helps in treating a wide variety of infections. As lower life forms like bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasites lack antioxidative enzymes, they can’t survive in presence of strong oxidant like ozone.
Ozone Therapy In Diabetes
According to Frank Shallenberger, M.D., H.M.D., director of the Nevada Centre of Alternative and Anti-Aging Medicine in Carson City, Nevada, Hypoxia is the cause of diabetes. ozone can produce remarkable improvements in both the major and secondary symptoms of adult-onset diabetes. The connection between ozone and diabetes is the blood circulation
When ozone is introduced–that is, more oxygen-into the blood, more 2,3-dog is produced and the oxygen-delivery system and the efficiency of blood circulation start to improve. The ozone also appears to enhance the activity of cellular metabolism, the continual conversion of food into energy.
- Levels of ATP, an important molecule which stores energy in the cells, are also enhanced through ozonation.
- Oxidative stress is suggested to have an important role in the development of complications in diabetes. Because ozone therapy can activate the antioxidant system, influencing the level of glycemia and some markers of endothelial cell damage
- Ozone treatment improved glycemic control, prevented oxidative stress, normalized levels of organic peroxides, and activated superoxide dismutase.
- Ozone increases the penetrance of cell membranes for glucose by stimulating pentose phosphate cycle and aerobic glycolysis, which are suppressed in diabetes, and this induces a decrease in the hyperglycemia due to improvement in the release of glucose to the tissues.
- intensify the production of glutathione, which participates in the synthesis of glycogen and fat from glucose as well as in the synthesis of proteins. Glucose oxidation occurs including the end products. As a result, the main function of carbohydrates – energy supply – is restored. The energy deficiency of the tissues is eliminated. The way of endogenic production of glucose from glycogen and protein is inhibited i.e. the gluconeogenesis is suppressed. The breakdown of protein is decreased, and the catabolic processes are suppressed. Lipid peroxidation returns to normal. Thus, ozone performs a number of functions characteristic of insulin.
- By inducing a decrease in the hyperglycemia, an increase in the release of glucose to the tissues, by improving oxygen supply and by removing hypoxia conditions, ozone therapy prevents the development and progress of processes associated with insufficient supply of glucose to the cell: sorbitol accumulation in the tissues that leads to cataract, neuropathies, microangiopathies; formation of glycosaminoglycans which are responsible for arthropathies; synthesis of glycoproteins that results in the progression of angiopathies.
- immunomodulating effect of Ozone therapy is particularly important for an insulin-dependent form of the disease when owing to antigens and antibodies in autoimmune and virus-induced forms of disease the cytotoxic reaction results in the destruction of B-cells. These forms are characterized by the production of insulin-inactivating antibodies.
The biochemical improvement after ozone therapy include:
- Fall in blood glucose Fall in triglyceride levels
- Fall in serum cholesterol with an increase in HDL cholesterol
- Fall in glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) level( thus improve tissue oxygenation)
Ozone Therapy In Cosmetic Problems
Ozone is a substance created by nature and produces a complex, integral effect on the human body
- Ozone therapy can bring relief in following skin affecting problems: acne rash, cellulitis, local lipodystrophy, vascular defects, hypertrophic & keloid scars, age-related changes.
- Ozone therapy treatments improve microcirculation, oxygenation, and energy supply of cells. Many cosmetic problems – acne, wrinkles, allergy, cellulitis, – are reflecting the internal state of the organism, therefore they should be treated not only from the outside but also inside.
- And this task can be successfully done by ozone producing a detoxication, antimicrobial, antiviral effect and increasing the organism’s immunity.
- Ozone is a unique agent preserving and restoring the natural beauty and health of the skin. Ozone therapy does not mask defects of skin, but normalizes its natural functions and stimulates its own work.
Ozone Therapy In Arthritis
- Bradykinin and inflammatory PG release is inhibited
- A release of immunosuppressive cytokines TGF-beta and IL-10 may inhibit inflammation
- The disappearance of edema leads to improved circulation, washing away from lactic acid and relief in pain
- Ozone injections act as an analgesic
- Algic stimulation of skin can reduce pain through the mechanism of Diffuse Noxious Inhibitory Control
- H2O2 may cause irreversible damage and death of nociceptors; consequently activation threshold
- Simultaneous release of endorphins and blocked release of algic stimuli
- Ozone therapy is given in the form of Injections under aseptic precautions around the joint(periarticular) and inside the joint (Intra articular)
- Periarticular injections are given for 10 to 15 sittings or intra articular injections are done for 3-5 sittings depending upon the age of the patient and severity of the disease.
- It makes the oxygen release more oxygen at the tissue level
- It improves general circulation
- It leads to new vessel formation inside the tumor
- Ozone, by making tumor environment normoxic, makes it very difficult for hypoxic cancer cells to survive