Infertility may be due to a single cause in either you or your partner, or a combination of factors that may prevent a pregnancy from occurring or continuing. Fortunately, there are many safe and effective therapies for overcoming infertility. These treatments significantly improve your chances of becoming pregnant.
Common causes of infertility:
- Fertility with age:- Carrier women , Contraception is readily available , Late marriage, Less frequent intercourse, Lack of Libido, Financially unstableness Fertility factors that changes with advanced age Ovarian reserve, Menstrual cycle, Lining of the womb, Mucus secretion , Disease affecting the reproductive system, Chronic illness
- obesity: – Irregular or infrequent menstrual cycle, Increased infertility, Increased risk of miscarriage
- Life style factors:-Smoking, Drugs. Exposure to chemicals and pesticides, Stress. Dietary factors [Alcohol, Anti-oxidants, Caffeine, Micronutrients
- Work –place hazards:-Working with chemicals X-ray etc.
- Sleep Disorders :- Ladies working in shifts may have menstrual cycle problem and infertility.
- Age – Poor sperm motility, DNA fragmentation.
- Temporary and life style causes
- Emotional stress
- Sexual issues
- Testicular over heating
- Substance abuse
- Malnutrition and Nutrient Deficiencies
- Genetic Factors
- Environmental Assaults
- Free radicals [oxidants]
- Exposure to estrogen like hormone disrupting chemicals
- Industrial chemicals
- Radiation treatment
- Medications : Anabolic Steroids, Azulfidine, Methadone, Folex, Aldactone etc
- Use of mobile 4 hours or more than 4 hours per day will decrease the sperm count. Damage could be caused by the electromagnetic radiation emitted by handsets or the heat they generate.
- Improvement of macro- and microcirculation that results in the normalization of placenta hormonogenic function;
- Decrease in the activity of lipid peroxidation processes and simultaneous stimulation of the antioxidant defense system of human body;
- Immunomodulating action develops particularly through a decrease in blood level of circulating immune complexes, IgM, group and Rh antibodies, increase in the phagocytic activity of neutrophiles
- Decrease (if available) in the hypercoagulation activity of blood
- Intensification of the protein-synthesizing function of liver
- Stimulates production of WBC’s
- Kills viruses, bacteria, fungi and other germs
- Helps diseased cells to get rid of toxins and harmful free radicals
- Release of PDGF—helps in healing and repairs
- Release of immunosuppressive cytokines TGF-B and IL-10 may inhibit inflammation
- Proteolytic enzymes and endogenous ROS are inhibited
- Bradykinin inflammatory PG pelease is inhibited
- Disappearance of edema leads to improved circulation, washing away of lactic acid and pain relief
- Ozone also helps in improving oocyte quality, reduces insulin resistance in diabetics, PCO’s, improves blood vasculature and supply to the uterus, improvs endometrial milieu, increases fertilization rates, promotes embryo transplantation, decreases the effects of endometriosis,hydrosalpinx,adenomyosis, corrects hormonal dysregulations. Thus enhancing a healthy viable pregnancy,culminating in the birth of healthy children
Ozone therapy in male infertility
- Ozone enhances the circulation of all organs including the male organs
- Stimulates the function of testicles,therefore naturally stimulates the performance
- Effectively helpful in cases of infections like leucocytospermia
Acupuncture can be tried for infertility after structural abnormality in the woman’s reproductive organ is ruled out. Functional related infertility is often stress-related, and is most common among women who work or live in stressful environments. In Chinese medicine, acupuncture is used to decrease stress in the body by regulating the sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system. The treatment also addresses possible hormonal imbalances and circulatory problems.Acupuncture increases blood flow to the uterus which improves the chances of ovum implanting on the uterine wall Normalizes hormones and endocrine system without any side effects
Rate of success will be more (30-40%) ,if taken before assisted reproductive techniques like IVF, IUI If you choose to undergo IVF, be assured that recent studies have concluded that acupuncture performed immediately before and after IVF significantly increases the chances for a viable pregnancy (ongoing studies confirm these findings.) Acupuncture reduces uterine contractions, which may contribute to the failure of IVF treatments, before, during and after IVF.. Minimally, a treatment should be performed 1/2 hour before implantation and 1/2 hour after. In order to achieve maximum benefit, weekly treatments are recommended at least two months prior to the start of IVF.Both should be treated simultaneously and treatment continued for a couple of months. Low sperm count also responds well to acupuncture.